Title: Pet Photographer Volunteer
Reports to: Shelter Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for providing photographs of animals to be used on all media outlets to aid in adoption or fundraising efforts.
- Taking striking photos of adoptable animals to show them at their best, cropping and editing as needed. Photos may be taken at the shelter, in a studio, in a foster family’s home, outdoors, or at an adoption event.
- Basic knowledge and skill in photography and photo editing software.
- Ability to safely handle animals during photo shoot.
- Able to work flexible hours, which could include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Passion for issues relating to animal welfare.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to:
- Potential lifting and moving animals.
- Frequent movement, including but not limited to, standing, walking, stooping, carrying heavy loads, movement of cages, restraining active animals.
- Working Conditions include:
- Possible exposure to dangerous, diseased, frightened, and injured animals.
- Possible exposure to potentially harmful chemicals and drugs.
- Working with strong cleaning agents on wet surfaces.
- Indoor and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Possible exposure to bites, scratches, and animal waste.
- Possible exposure to contagious disease.
- Exposure to unpleasant odors and loud noises.
- Emotional Demands include:
- Animal abuse.
- Animal neglect.
Contact Rosscohumanesociety@gmail.com to apply.