Title: Education and Community Outreach Volunteer
Reports to: Executive Director
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for the execution and growth of educational programs to encourage humane behavior and responsible pet care within the community. To maintain a commitment to the philosophies and policies of RCHS. To support the mission of RCHS.
- Coordinate and manage community outreach efforts including but not limited to fundraisers with local businesses, adoption events at local pet partners.
- Coordinate events with schools, libraries, churches, and other civic groups.
- Regularly attend events and maintain memberships in organizations to foster positive relations between the community and RCHS (ie Rotary, Chamber of Commerce, etc).
- Assist RCHS with special events planning including, but not limited to, Bark in the Park and Howl at the Moon.
- Assist with developing copy for newsletters, media releases, and other promotional events.
- Coordinate promotions for adoptable animals at RCHS.
- Coordinate Pet of the Week promotions.
- Maintain positive communication with RCHS staff, board members, public officials, partner organizations, and the general public to promote RCHS goals, programs, and activities.
- Maintain a professional public image.
- Assist Executive Director as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Self-starter, initiating activities within the framework provided/developed with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience with working with the public, developing and maintaining excellent relationships to support growth/mission.
- Experienced animal handling skills preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office; design experience with Adobe programs including Photoshop preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours, which could include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift and carry animals, equipment, and supplies in excess of 50lbs.
- Valid drivers license with no restrictions.
- Passion for issues relating to animal welfare.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to:
- Lifting and moving animals and cages.
- Frequent movement, including but not limited to, standing, walking, stooping, carrying heavy loads, movement of cages, restraining active animals, and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Working Conditions include:
- Possible exposure to dangerous, diseased, frightened, and injured animals.
- Possible exposure to potentially harmful chemicals and drugs.
- Working with strong cleaning agents on wet surfaces.
- Indoor and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Possible exposure to bites, scratches, and animal waste.
- Possible exposure to contagious disease.
- Exposure to unpleasant odors and loud noises.
- Emotional Demands include:
- Animal abuse.
- Animal neglect.
Contact Rosscohumanesociety@gmail.com to apply.