Title: Office Assistant Volunteer
Reports to: Office Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist staff with administrative duties.
- Follow shelter procedures.
- General office duties: filing, typing, mail, answering telephone, etc.
- Greeting customers, taking payments, returning phone calls, providing accurate referral information.
- Computer data entry.
- Cleaning and organization of the office.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent handwriting must be legible and concise.
- Must maintain professional appearance and common courtesy habits when dealing with customers.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to remain pleasant and calm even in stressful situations.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to:
- Potential lifting and moving animal.
- Frequent movement, including but not limited to, standing, walking, stooping, carrying heavy loads, movement of cages, restraining active animals.
- Working Conditions include:
- Possible exposure to dangerous, diseased, frightened, and injured animals.
- Possible exposure to potentially harmful chemicals and drugs.
- Working with strong cleaning agents on wet surfaces.
- Indoor and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Possible exposure to bites, scratches, and animal waste.
- Possible exposure to contagious disease.
- Exposure to unpleasant odors and loud noises.
- Emotional Demands include:
- Animal Abuse.
- Animal neglect.
2-4 hours per week with a 6-month minimum commitment.
Contact Rosscohumanesociety@gmail.com to apply.