Title: Foster Coordinator Volunteer
Reports to: Adoptions Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for interacting with foster families regarding animals within their care.
- Follow shelter procedures.
- Recruit, train, and serve as primary contact for foster volunteers.
- Facilitate movement of shelter animals into foster care.
- Assure that all foster volunteers receive the necessary training and support to perform their foster care responsibilities.
- Serve as main contact for all foster homes. Manage placement and care of all foster animals. Coordinates movement of shelter animals into foster care.
- Ensure that all foster animals have clear, appropriate photos before entering into the foster program.
- Monitor health and behavior of animals in foster care. Report and record in PetKey any important findings/issues to shelter management.
- Coordinate booster vaccine, recheck and drop off times with foster volunteers.
- Coordinate with Shelter Veterinarian to ensure that animals with more advanced medical checks/treatments are performed in a timely manner.
- Counsel/demonstrate the management or solution for basic behavioral issues (with a focus on positive reinforcement techniques). Consult with Shelter Enrichment Coordinator for a treatment plan for these issues.
- Follow up with long term fosters regularly to ensure their satisfaction and compliance with our foster programs and services.
- Uphold the shelter’s value and mission statement during all interactions with the public.
- Ensure all foster locations and foster volunteer information is accurate in PetKey.
- Perform other duties as assigned, and attend and/or assist in organizing special events pertinent to any foster programs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have excelling organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to remain pleasant and calm even in stressful situations.
- Knowledge of domestic animals including breeds, behavior, appropriate care and housing, common health problems and disease symptoms.
- This is an off-site position.
- Emotional Demands include:
- Animal Abuse.
- Animal neglect.
20 hours per month with a 6-month minimum commitment.
Contact Rosscohumanesociety@gmail.com to apply.